Need to be out soon..... but you guys really should know: Last night, after much poorliness, I had THE BEST convo, with THE BEST FRIEND. Ever.
Too many giggles*, sobs of, "babe - why aren't you in my bed**??" more giggling, scheming and much incomprehensible gossip later........
A BEAST of a song came to mind.
OUR SONG. Well, one of many.
It's the 'Field Song'............ perfect for, and always played during, lazy camping weekends in the wilderness.
*Actually, is too much giggling possible?! Ideas please.
To set the scene, you will need:
A patch of green and pleasant land,
A Bivvie /tarp (who needs actual tents?!),
Lots and lots of stars.
The good ol' english countryside - my favourite place to think.
Sadly, these two are not my actual photos :( All seem to be stuck on my old computer, but hopefully you get the idea.
Now strap in, we're going retro guys.
Yes, wise child, you've guessed what's coming. Humour me?
A few of my most favourtist lyrics, favouritest advise and favouritist people ......
"Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ’97 - Wear Sunscreen."
Employ american accent, now.
1) Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth, oh nevermind, you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded.
2) But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself
and recall in a way you can’t grasp now, how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked, you are not as fat as you imagine.
I pray, still as nuts though :P
Yes, this beaut of a buggy flies around the farm.
Rolling it - a story for another post!
Sadly, I have to admit this one was taken pre-tequila shots.
Hey-Ho, Bottoms up ;)
3) Don’t worry about the future, or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.
Maths is amazing. So are maths jokes, analogies, puns, everything and anything else maths related really. Über geeks r' us.
4) The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.
SHAAKE races dans le parc, anyone?
Damn you, funny, old photos.
THIS IS A BIGGY.
No matter how bad you are....you can make a fool of yourself in far worse ways.
'Pinball Wizard', anyone.....?
8) Don’t waste your time on jealousy, sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind, the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.
Hint: racing rugby-playing brothers to the Sacré-Coeur is not clever. Do not attempt it.
But if anyone's wondering....I did win, naturally?! ;)
10) Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements.
Internatial Dance/ DJ crew....? More on MOO later.
14) Dance! Even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.
Swingin' baby ...
Now, I'm the King of the Jungle.
WE ARE YOUNG!
It's so FUN*
*I warned you about my love of puns, right?
15) Read the directions, even if you don’t follow them.
Just make sure you're enjoying it!
16) Do not read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.
17) Get to know your parents, you never know when they’ll be gone for good.
18) Be nice to your siblings, they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.
Nerf Gun pellets around feet. Story of my life.
Even after a rather BUBBLY garden party.
Sombreros and strapless dresses. LFW 2013?
20) Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.
22) Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard, Live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft. Firenze e Positano forse? Italy is my major crush.
No false pretences. Gelato - of every kind - is da bomb.
24) Don’t mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85.
25) Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it.
But trust me on the sunscreen.
Ooh, and I think that gives me a new post idea....!!
......Still here? Now, seriously, go check out the full version yourself!
Youtube tip: the 07.11 version